Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

shagu

pfUI - An ElvUI inspired UI for 1.12 completely written from scratch

209 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, shagu said:

2JR4Gao.jpg

W.I.P.

Fantastic news. Keep up the good work.

Posted (edited)

Hey Shagu! I have reinstalled WoW and all my previous addons to recommence playing on Elysium. 

Everything appears to be set up and working correctly. I am still loving pfUI. One thing I did want to check with you, though. 

When I previously had pfUI installed along with DebuffTimers, the countdown was correctly being displayed on enemy unit frames. After installing the game and all my addons again, the countdown timer is no longer being displayed within the debuffs on my target unit frame. Debuffs like Serpent Sting and Hunter's Mark.

I have trawled through the pfUI settings as I very vaguely remembered that there was a setting in pfUI that needed to be switched off in order to actually prompt DebuffTimers to work correctly but, for the life of me, I can not find it this time around.

I am really hoping you can shed some light on how to get the DebuffTimers addon working correctly with this version of pfUI.

Thanks so much, mate! Hope you are well :D

EDIT: So after some more testing I have managed to get Debuff Timers to work. However, now there are 2 countdowns ticking down for each debuff. 

So I thought. Well, if there are 2 countdowns with Debuff Timers addon activated, there should only be 1 countdown when Debuff Timers is de-activated. Nope, no countdown at all with Debuff Timers de-activated.

I hope this helps to narrow the potential issue down, Shagu!

Edited by Syn

4 hours ago, Syn said:

Hey Shagu! I have reinstalled WoW and all my previous addons to recommence playing on Elysium. 

Everything appears to be set up and working correctly. I am still loving pfUI. One thing I did want to check with you, though. 

When I previously had pfUI installed along with DebuffTimers, the countdown was correctly being displayed on enemy unit frames. After installing the game and all my addons again, the countdown timer is no longer being displayed within the debuffs on my target unit frame. Debuffs like Serpent Sting and Hunter's Mark.

I have trawled through the pfUI settings as I very vaguely remembered that there was a setting in pfUI that needed to be switched off in order to actually prompt DebuffTimers to work correctly but, for the life of me, I can not find it this time around.

I am really hoping you can shed some light on how to get the DebuffTimers addon working correctly with this version of pfUI.

Thanks so much, mate! Hope you are well :D

EDIT: So after some more testing I have managed to get Debuff Timers to work. However, now there are 2 countdowns ticking down for each debuff. 

So I thought. Well, if there are 2 countdowns with Debuff Timers addon activated, there should only be 1 countdown when Debuff Timers is de-activated. Nope, no countdown at all with Debuff Timers de-activated.

I hope this helps to narrow the potential issue down, Shagu!

Don't know what's causing this but if you open debufftimers settings and lower the size settings you will get rid of the duplicate numbers.

Posted (edited)

Hi, Shagu!

Is there a setting in pfUI that displays a countdown timer for buffs on Unit Frames? I use DebuffTimers for the countdown timer for Debuffs but Buffs also do not display a countdown timer.

Any insight would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers, bud!

Edited by Syn

On 6/17/2017 at 9:21 AM, Syn said:

Hi, Shagu!

Is there a setting in pfUI that displays a countdown timer for buffs on Unit Frames? I use DebuffTimers for the countdown timer for Debuffs but Buffs also do not display a countdown timer.

Any insight would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers, bud!

Sorry for the late response :/

The issue regarding DebuffTimers has already been adressed on 1st of March, but the author doesn't seem to care much about his addons: https://github.com/Voidmenull/DebuffTimers/pull/13
In the meantime, you could use my fork instead which has this fixed: https://github.com/shagu/DebuffTimers

Target-Buff-Timers are not planned so far. If you see some random players in town, you usually can't know when he got his buffs, so it's quite hard to calculate the remaining time.

Well rounded, superb looking. Good job, well done! I will give it a try.

Posted (edited)

How would I go about adding 'Shift+Right-click' and 'Ctrl+Right-click' options as potential clickcast spells? I poked around in the unitframes.lua and gui.lua a bit, but I'm not super familiar with code, so I was hoping you could help

I tried adding this into unitframes.lua

if button == "RightButton" and if IsShiftKeyDown() then
	if pfUI_config.unitframes.clickcast_shiftright ~= "" then
		CastSpellByName(pfUI_config.unitframes.clickcast_shiftright)
	end
end

and this into gui.lua

CreateConfig(this, T["Shift+Right-Click Action"], C.unitframes, "clickcast_shiftright", nil, nil, nil, nil, "STRING")

Edited by Dreamstate

5 hours ago, Dreamstate said:

How would I go about adding 'Shift+Right-click' and 'Ctrl+Right-click' options as potential clickcast spells?

Are you using a pfUI compatible Clique? https://github.com/shagu/Clique

I don't remember off-hand if it supports modifier-combos but I would guess it does.

Install it, enable the integration in third-party options in pfUI then go to Group Frames (or similar name, I'm not looking at it in-game) to assign spells to mouse clicks.

Thank you so much! I wasn't aware there was a compatible version of Clique.

I have one other question that you may be able to help me with. Currently, when there is an incoming heal on any unit frame, it shows the amount that is going to be healed in green and also shows how much will be overhealed. Is there a way to disable the overheal and only show the incoming heal up to 100% of the persons health? To clarify, I'd like to keep what arrow #1 is pointing to, and remove what arrow #2 is pointing to.

img.jpg