Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonu

Training methods & habits of the Crestfallen

This is something we had a little talk about in our staff chat today and it spiked my interest to hear the community regarding their training / sports methods and habits.

Here is mine:

I used to play goalie in ice-hockey at a relatively high level in juniors and also senior levels (during my junior years). After that, I've tried other teamsports such as floorball and football (soccer for Americans). Last two years I've gone to the gym with the idea of growing some more muscle mass, but as I don't have any sports to really train for, I find it hard to get motivated to give my everything at the gym. Also, as I'm finishing my studies, I have quite stupidly just paid for my gym membership even though I have not had the time to train for the last 5 months. :D

I played American football at the NCAA DivisionII level and had many full ride offers to larger DivisionI schools. I was an offensive lineman, left tackle. 

My Best "Stats:"

280 Lbs - 127 kg in weight

6'7" feet - 2 meters (201cm) in height 

5.4 second - 40 yard dash. (approx 5.5sec 40 meter dash)

4.5 sec - Pro Shuttle (5 yards one direction < 10 yards the opposite direction > then finishing with 5 yards in the original direction < )

355 lbs benchpress - ~161kg

575 lbs deadlift - ~260kg

I forget my squat max, but approx. 415lbs

9'3" feet broadjump

This was me in my last year of high-school: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1276556/highlights/25407379

While all that sounds dope, I quit football, so I am now a weak pile of fleshyness. However, when I do begin working out again, I won't be trying to build myself like that again.

12 hours ago, Mythrong said:

I played American football at the NCAA DivisionII level and had many full ride offers to larger DivisionI schools. I was an offensive lineman, left tackle. 

My Best "Stats:"

280 Lbs - 127 kg in weight

6'7" feet - 2 meters (201cm) in height 

5.4 second - 40 yard dash. (approx 5.5sec 40 meter dash)

4.5 sec - Pro Shuttle (5 yards one direction < 10 yards the opposite direction > then finishing with 5 yards in the original direction < )

355 lbs benchpress - ~161kg

575 lbs deadlift - ~260kg

I forget my squat max, but approx. 415lbs

9'3" feet broadjump

This was me in my last year of high-school: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1276556/highlights/25407379

While all that sounds dope, I quit football, so I am now a weak pile of fleshyness. However, when I do begin working out again, I won't be trying to build myself like that again.

Holy shit you're built like a brick wall.

I used to Dive, as in high boards. Won a commonwealth gold at National Novice level when I was 11, had a glorious career planned out for me and was being pushed to go for the Olympics. Moved up to the mens sized boards and found out I have a phobia of heights that paralysed me once I got above 7.5 meters. Spent several years trying to overcome it before I was dropped from the team. Took up Rugby and Boxing, was told I was reasonably promising and then blew out both knees at around 17. 10 years and multiple knee surgeries later I'm fat and pretty bitter about the whole thing. Just started doing Yoga to try and lose a few lbs.

Dropped 10 lbs of fat since my last post, just by a change of diet and starting Yoga. Feels good man.

I run 5km or bike 50km 4 times a week and do bodyweight / calisthenics 3 times a week (weekends I do morning / afternoon - 2 weekdays are free).

I was boxing at an amateur club level (EU) for a few years, would like to get back to some boxing or martial arts training but work too much nowadays :(

PS.  1.80m (5 11') 69.5kg (~155lbs) when I was in fighting form, I'm 76kg nowadays ...

Edited by Roadblock

12 hours ago, Elicas said:

Dropped 10 lbs of fat since my last post, just by a change of diet and starting Yoga. Feels good man.

Yes but will your DPS improve? 

7 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

Yes but will your DPS improve? 

Some would call it Outstanding.

So this highlights two things:

First, because of the unique circumstances in how the server is (correctly) evolving, players are getting to know themselves on the forums before they meet on the server. This is actually pretty cool, especially as we have a small community to begin with and gives us time to absorb all the blow-ins later this year.

Secondly, everyone will have the dubious pleasure of associating outstanding with irony, of which I am a huge fan.

Edited by Outstanding

On 15.5.2016 at 10:47 AM, Elicas said:

blew out both knees at around 17. 10 years and multiple knee surgeries later I'm fat and pretty bitter about the whole thing.

That makes two of us, only I was 19 and my sport was wrestling :/

I don't like gyms. These days I just run and swing dumbbells while watching netflix. :P

I never liked gym and been more in to martial arts when training. Did Kickboxing as young for about 10 years, and when i got older i started with brazilian jiu jitsu and only train that now because i get a full workout and its fun learning new techniques and i am now a purple-belt aiming for my brown. 

Edited by Sherekhan

14 hours ago, Sherekhan said:

I never liked gym and been more in to martial arts when training. Did Kickboxing as young for about 10 years, and when i got older i started with brazilian jiu jitsu and only train that now because i get a full workout and its fun learning new techniques and i am now a purple-belt aiming for my brown. 

Whats wrong with gyms lol

23 hours ago, Hermetichedgehog said:

More that i find it a boring way to excercise.

Edited by Sherekhan

3 hours ago, Hermetichedgehog said:

In my admittedly limited experience they're expensive, smelly, loud, unhygienic and full of smirking blowhards trying to either be helpful or show off. I also always felt that I could never take my time because other people might be waiting for their turn. Too stressing all in all. :P

11 hours ago, Hermetichedgehog said:

Too much like work.

Sports / Games is my preference too, or if no other people are available the outside.

On 5/15/2016 at 1:47 AM, Elicas said:

I used to Dive, as in high boards. Won a commonwealth gold at National Novice level when I was 11, had a glorious career planned out for me and was being pushed to go for the Olympics. Moved up to the mens sized boards and found out I have a phobia of heights that paralysed me once I got above 7.5 meters. Spent several years trying to overcome it before I was dropped from the team. Took up Rugby and Boxing, was told I was reasonably promising and then blew out both knees at around 17. 10 years and multiple knee surgeries later I'm fat and pretty bitter about the whole thing. Just started doing Yoga to try and lose a few lbs.

You keeping up on dat yoga & exercise? Kudos if you are!

5 hours ago, Roadblock said:

Too much like work.

Sports / Games is my preference too, or if no other people are available the outside.

That makes Gyms kind of great for exercise. When you 'clock in', you get to stay on task without distraction.

13 hours ago, Sherekhan said:

Moe that i find it a boring way to excercise.

Dancing is the best way to exercise, imo.

On 5/14/2016 at 0:06 PM, jonu said:

Last two years I've gone to the gym with the idea of growing some more muscle mass, but as I don't have any sports to really train for, I find it hard to get motivated to give my everything at the gym.

Becoming the God of Sex. Best motivation ever?

Ish. Depends on how much medication I've taken for my knees.

I live on 1200mg of Pregabalin daily, knocks me out.

I'm on 600mg of Pregabalin a day thanks to crippling neuropathic pain courtesy of my arm nerves being pulled off my spinal cord. I was under the impression 600mg was the max dose, are your kidneys coping? I don't find I'm too lethargic from it but then I'm on half your dose. When I got out of hospital I was on the Pregabalin, Tramadol, 2 types of Oxycodone, Amitryptiline and Duloxetine. Now that lot knocked me out xD

I'd be interested to know how you find yoga - I am considering trying it out but I'm worried about doing myself any further damage. My left knee is not terribly stable and I have a huge ropy scar from my accident that almost goes around the whole of the leg, just under the knee.

On 2/20/2017 at 2:26 PM, Hevra said:

I'm on 600mg of Pregabalin a day thanks to crippling neuropathic pain courtesy of my arm nerves being pulled off my spinal cord. I was under the impression 600mg was the max dose, are your kidneys coping? I don't find I'm too lethargic from it but then I'm on half your dose. When I got out of hospital I was on the Pregabalin, Tramadol, 2 types of Oxycodone, Amitryptiline and Duloxetine. Now that lot knocked me out xD

I'd be interested to know how you find yoga - I am considering trying it out but I'm worried about doing myself any further damage. My left knee is not terribly stable and I have a huge ropy scar from my accident that almost goes around the whole of the leg, just under the knee.

I've been slowly dialing back, I basically don't function at full dose.

Recently got back on the wagon of weightlifting and cycling. We've got a family holiday booked for August so I finally have some motivation to deal with my ever expanding beer belly.

push-ups
squats
actions per minute