Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Walgrave

Ironfoe

145 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, Outstanding said:

Wow. Angry bear form is angry. ūüźĽ

I started cutting myself when he said he had his thunderfury before they got a fourth ironfoe that they were doing guild runs 7 days a week for. 

 

I would sell both my kidneys to be in a guild that farms ironfoes for warriors. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Ssaya said:

OP is just bullshitting and trying to create panic. 4 runs per hour.. never in your life

Maybe not for you. There's a lot of very good players out there. Used to do this regularly, once you get it down its so fast and easy and a lot of good guilds will help and do runs specifically for it.

Edited by Nocturn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nocturn said:

Maybe not for you. There's a lot of very good players out there. Used to do this regularly, once you get it down its so fast and easy and a lot of good guilds will help and do runs specifically for it.

I wasn't aware being good made you run faster through the dungeon, swim through the lava faster, glitch through the door, then kill I think it is 8 pulls of trash before you pull EMP? 15 minutes doesn't make sense, then you are saying guilds are going to guild run a lvl 55 dungeon for months to get fury warriors 1 item?

I will pay a lot of money to be in that guild if they are horde. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ssaya said:

I wasn't aware being good made you run faster through the dungeon, swim through the lava faster, glitch through the door, then kill I think it is 8 pulls of trash before you pull EMP? 15 minutes doesn't make sense, then you are saying guilds are going to guild run a lvl 55 dungeon for months to get fury warriors 1 item?

I will pay a lot of money to be in that guild if they are horde. 

 

This was a necro, we can tone it down a little I think.

Anyway, the thing is, most private servers (and especially the super popular one) had a combination of bugs (bad rage generation + wrong proc rate on Ironfoe + wrong drop rate) that made this item very desirable and while still difficult to obtain, not as hard as it was on retail.

This lead to people that would normally not bother with it because they had better weapons from raids hunt for this even at very high gear.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter. On CF it won't be broken to be better than Thunderfury so it won't be as desirable, the drop rate will be blizz-like (so harder to "farm") and the same won't happen.

How much someone is exaggerating their time makes no difference in that respect, for sure it's not something to get in a fight over.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Roadblock said:

This was a necro, we can tone it down a little I think.

Anyway, the thing is, most private servers (and especially the super popular one) had a combination of bugs (bad rage generation + wrong proc rate on Ironfoe + wrong drop rate) that made this item very desirable and while still difficult to obtain, not as hard as it was on retail.

This lead to people that would normally not bother with it because they had better weapons from raids hunt for this even at very high gear.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter. On CF it won't be broken to be better than Thunderfury so it won't be as desirable, the drop rate will be blizz-like (so harder to "farm") and the same won't happen.

How much someone is exaggerating their time makes no difference in that respect, for sure it's not something to get in a fight over.

Hey I feel you, on feenix one day one of our rogues figured out a green weapon with a shadow damage proc was the top DPS item, next raid half our DPS was decked out in green shadow damage gear.

I think stuff like that adds to the flavor of a private server as long as they fix it within a reasonable time.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ssaya said:

then kill I think it is 8 pulls of trash before you pull EMP? 15 minutes doesn't make sense, then you are saying guilds are going to guild run a lvl 55 dungeon for months to get fury warriors 1 item?

 

No glitches, its called good tanking, good dps and good healing. Not a single glitch. Practice, its just learning the route and running through the pulls quickly. this isn't even that rare, a lot of people do these fast runs. Just because its hard for you to fathom doesn't make it not true. I don't know where you've been playing because Nost then Anthema and on Kronos people were doing these fast runs all the time.

 

1 hour ago, Roadblock said:

On CF it won't be broken to be better than Thunderfury so it won't be as desirable, the drop rate will be blizz-like (so harder to "farm") and the same won't happen.

It will still be one of the BiS items and will still be heavily farmed and reserved.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

No glitches, its called good tanking, good dps and good healing. Not a single glitch. Practice, its just learning the route and running through the pulls quickly. this isn't even that rare, a lot of people do these fast runs. Just because its hard for you to fathom doesn't make it not true. I don't know where you've been playing because Nost then Anthema and on Kronos people were doing these fast runs all the time.

 

It will still be one of the BiS items and will still be heavily farmed and reserved.

We'll see.

 

If 15mins emperor runs are so common, you definitely have one of the many videos to post right?

I mean I can find speed runs of pretty much every common speed run in wow, you should have no trouble posting a 15min one from BRD right? Even better do one with your friends to prove the point that it's doable without exploiting any bugs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never took a video farming BRD... I honestly thought this was more common, maybe i was wrong on how common it was, still doesn't make it untrue. I'm, not playing much atm and waiting for CF. Maybe eventually i'll do a run and post it.

 You can take my word for it or not, all i know is me and my guild did this regularly on all these realms as did many other players from many other guilds i ran with. Undertanker and Walgrave confirmed this too btw. Its really not a hard run, maybe instead of questioning it, go out and play the game and try it, it benefits you the player that you can farm something with a little bit more ease. Or continue to be average and keep playing the same way believing i just come on these forums to brag about a BRD run. Cool me right. 

And even in it's most Blizz-like state, this weapon will still be incredibly powerful and better than some BWL weaps when fully buffed so it will still be farmed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Never took a video farming BRD... I honestly thought this was more common, maybe i was wrong on how common it was, still doesn't make it untrue. I'm, not playing much atm and waiting for CF. Maybe eventually i'll do a run and post it.

 You can take my word for it or not, all i know is me and my guild did this regularly on all these realms as did many other players from many other guilds i ran with. Undertanker and Walgrave confirmed this too btw. Its really not a hard run, maybe instead of questioning it, go out and play the game and try it, it benefits you the player that you can farm something with a little bit more ease. Or continue to be average and keep playing the same way believing i just come on these forums to brag about a BRD run. Cool me right. 

And even in it's most Blizz-like state, this weapon will still be incredibly powerful and better than some BWL weaps when fully buffed so it will still be farmed.

lmao, 15 minutes Emperor run.

Sure, we all believe you.

 

EDIT:

I guess this edit is kinda needed.

Probably on Emerald Dream such 15minutes rund were possible, considering you could avoid collecting torches and you could bug all the Emperor's adds with FD/Vanish after the actual first pull.

Edited by mrmr
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 10/29/2016 at 3:18 PM, Undertanker said:

Calling a speed run bull shit just because you do not understand how it is done is retarded.    Keep in mind that these are farm runs with BWL geared DPS, and a good tank.  If people die a lot in lava, stop bringing them as they are slowing you down.

 

On 10/29/2016 at 3:18 PM, Undertanker said:

Now to break down a proper run.  (Bring a Rogue, a mage/lock, any healer, warrior, and what ever else for the last slot) Speed through the hall, jump out the window, run down the center of the hall leading to Incideous, (to increase gold rate, you can always kill him as well for Ace of Elementals but does add to your run).   Lava jump.   You will have to kill this fire spawns here, but have your rogue skip and solo the torch guys while the rest clear the fire spawns.   You meet in the grand room, rogue having both torches.  Speed to them and light the torches, AoE once you get there.   This takes all about 6-7 minutes max if the rogue knows what to do, even faster if you have 2 rogues since each can get a torch at the same time.

Zerg the next boss.  Should take about 5-6 minutes for the trash in Emp room if you got good dps and mana regen on the healer.    Burn down the bosses.    While 15 min may be try hard, 20 min per run is really not hard to get.  Our guild would do at least an hour a night after doing normal stuff like raiding or what not.  3 runs in 1 hour.  30 days in a month.   In 1 month you ran it 90 times.  By drop rate %, you either saw one already, or close to it.

 

On 10/24/2016 at 10:30 AM, Chiasmus said:

Lava runs aren't broken, as many posters have stated. Based on recent pserver experience, most parties that advertise for lava runs will do so with "Ironfoe on res" or "HoJ res" to make it clear from the start that those items won't be an open roll. This is usually accomplished by switching to Master Looter for that final fight to prevent the hunter ninjas. Emp runs in 15minutes are rare, but plenty of folks in my guild on Nost would do 5 a day to get their HoJs. 

"Probably on Emerald dream"

Even though I clearly stated this was on Nost/Anthema and Kronos. Guess we're all liars trying to make our claim to fame on a quick BRD speed run. Go us. Maybe improve your game or find some other players to play with. 

God im so bored today, i usually just browse these forums real quick and maybe post a response but today im arguing with people over a Lava run. I'm out. You guys can take what we've said for what it's worth knowing its doable and try to make your runs better if you care, or don't. Whatever. Play how you play then.

Edited by Nocturn
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please, record one of those 15 minutes Lava/Emperor runs.

We are all eager to see it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 mins vs 15 is 25% more... Maybe it was 25mins and you keep rounding down?

Maybe you didn't really clock the 1 hour and it was "about a half hour" so you said "a couple".

People post DM East farm runs, Mara farm runs, whatever runs, but you can't show me a simple video of this so common 15min Emp run.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roadblock said:

20 mins vs 15 is 25% more... Maybe it was 25mins and you keep rounding down?

 

10 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

While 15 min may be try hard

he did say 15 min was try hard, guess i was try hard then. Why does this bother you guys so much? i don't understand, like if i knew it was doable i would be excited and challenge myself and my guild mates to do this instead of arguing on a forum that its so unachievable. Guess that's the difference between us. Wish i had video evidence but i dont. Still with me and the others and even an explanation on how its done you still trash and mock it. Good for you guys. that's the mind set of an average person/player.

Anyways done now, take it or leave it for what its worth.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

 

he did say 15 min was try hard, guess i was try hard then. Why does this bother you guys so much? i don't understand, like if i knew it was doable i would be excited and challenge myself and my guild mates to do this instead of arguing on a forum that its so unachievable. Guess that's the difference between us. Wish i had video evidence but i dont. Still with me and the others and even an explanation on how its done you still trash and mock it. Good for you guys. that's the mind set of an average person/player.

Anyways done now, take it or leave it for what its worth.

Isn't the burden of proof on yar shoulders?

 

"Because I clearly remember hunters could wear plate. Sadly I have no proof, but you gotta believe me."

Edited by mrmr
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the right setup on other 1.12 projects you can easily manage 15min/emp run, I'm not saying it is originally intended as game mechanics abuse in the torch room & emperor pull are usually used. I mean on Elysium you can get to the torches within 5 minutes if you're a seasoned BRD lover, another 5-8 minutes and you can pull the emperor without the rest of the room. Anyways, would be interested in a 2006 video showcasing EMP runs below 20minutes :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Soyoen said:

 5-8 minutes and you can pull the emperor without the rest of the room

^ this is the culprit.

If you need to clear the room from all the mobs, I'd say 15 minutes is kinda impossible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Soyoen said:

Another 5-8 minutes and you can pull the emperor without the rest of the room. 

How do you pull emp without triggering all the trash? Asking for a friend..

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ssaya said:

How do you pull emp without triggering all the trash? Asking for a friend..

you do it by playing on a buggy server

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best ever clear was around 17 minutes, but we had set up for the run from the start. Was farming HoJ for an unlucky Rogue who had never got the drop on Kronos 1 (me :()  

Druid tank, Druid Healer, 3x Rogues.

Use sprint/dash liberally, skip everything you can. We was in full BWL gear, and could easily chain pull 2 packs in the emp room and aoe them down with Blade Flurry x3 on the first and fourth pulls. ~8 minutes to get to Emp from the front door, skipping the whole torch room with 1 rogue for each torchbearer using the vanish trick while the other 3 wait at the doors. Magmus barely lasts 15 seconds, then you're into the packs, 9 packs to clear, 4-5 pulls tops. Emp down in ~30 seconds.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you take the route to the left directly through all the patrolling packs, should take 1-1¬Ĺ mins to get to Incendius and then jump down. Run / lava dodge to the left and volia. On elysium in particular you can pull the emp as a hunter, have your pet or another player gain aggro and then feign as the threat of the packs doesnt translate to your group.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now