Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rooted

1.12.1 AddOns - The Compilation List

71 posts in this topic

AdvancedTradeskillWindow  that I use currently at Kronos has some issues, eg if you stop the processing, it adds one to the queue! :P

Eh, Recipe Radar isn't as good, bar the clunkiness, it doesn't display trainers.

I'm gonna try ATSW. Looks a bit ... big :D.

I tried to look at it myself, since it originally just yelled about missing libraries, but then there was something wrong with an array and hell do I know how those work in lua or where they get data from :D.

Edited by Xaverius

2 hours ago, Xaverius said:

Eh, Recipe Radar isn't as good, bar the clunkiness, it doesn't display trainers.

I'm gonna try ATSW. Looks a bit ... big :D.

I tried to look at it myself, since it originally just yelled about missing libraries, but then there was something wrong with an array and hell do I know how those work in lua or where they get data from :D.

Ah well, in Vanilla you often had to use a couple addons to get the full-feature set of later addons.

You want TrainerSkills for the trainers part (look for version 2.16)

Get version 0.4.4 for ATSW and v1.11 for RecipeRadar, I've had no issues (minor quirks aside) with either.

As said earlier I might look at doing some backports but I'm not playing on any private server atm, just keeping an eye on Crestfall.

Will get back into sorting addons when/if this goes into beta or launches.

Edited by Roadblock

Luna unit/raid frames is one of my favorite addons. Really versatile and fully customizable, it looks way cleaner than standard unit frames and any other available unit frames.

Also, heal comms is one of my favorite parts of the addon, it shows incoming heals, which is useful for both pve and pvp. I think you can get heal comms to work separately, but it synergizes well with Luna.

Pink bar(class specific) is current health, green is incoming heal/overheal.

1U9OC1w.png

Picture from google image quick search.

12 hours ago, surveillance said:

Luna unit/raid frames is one of my favorite addons. Really versatile and fully customizable, it looks way cleaner than standard unit frames and any other available unit frames.

Also, heal comms is one of my favorite parts of the addon, it shows incoming heals, which is useful for both pve and pvp. I think you can get heal comms to work separately, but it synergizes well with Luna.

Pink bar(class specific) is current health, green is incoming heal/overheal.

1U9OC1w.png

Picture from google image quick search.

I second Luna Unit Frames (LUF)

Link to releases: https://github.com/Aviana/LunaUnitFrames/releases

3 hours ago, special said:

Interface directly extract to a directory, can use it?

Hi

If your question is about Luna Unit Frames, the way to install them is.

1. Download a release from https://github.com/Aviana/LunaUnitFrames/releases

For example: https://github.com/Aviana/LunaUnitFrames/releases/download/2008/LunaUnitFrames.zip

2. Open the LunaUnitFrames.zip

3. Drag the LunaUnitFrames folder from inside the .zip to <Wow folder>\Interface\AddOns\

You should end up with <Wow folder>\Interface\AddOns\LunaUnitFrames\LunaUnitFrames.toc + bunch of other files and folders.

• Align - Creates a grid on your screen to aid you in aligning and centering your UI.
  • BuyEmAll - Enhances the shift-click interface at vendors. Buy more than the stack size of the item at once. Know how much you will be spending.
  • Cartographer - a modular, lightweight, and efficient framework for manipulation of the world map.
  • cgCrafty - Offers search functionality to your crafting/tradeskill windows in a lightweight, unobtrusive way.
  • CT_BagMod - Allows you to rename your bags for easier storage.
  • CT_BarMod - Adds four additional hotkey bars.
  • CT_BottomBar - Allows you to break up the main bar into several pieces.
  • CT_BuffMod - Repositions buffs and shows duration and buff names constantly.
  • CT_ItemBuffs - Shows item buffs in the buff bar.
  • CT_MailMod - Adds several mailing options to your mail window.
  • CT_MasterMod - Global functions for all CT mods.
  • CT_MovableParty - Allows you to move the party frames.
  • CT_PartyBuffs - Shows buffs/debuffs on party frames.
  • CT_PlayerNotes - Allows you to save notes for your friends, guildies and ignored players.
  • CT_RABossMods - An extension to CT_RaidAssist. Adds small mods that help with various raid encounters.
  • CT_RaidAssist - Allows you to monitor raid hp and much more.
  • CT_RaidTracker - Counts raid loot and attendance.
  • CT_TickMod - Displays HP/MP regen per tick.
  • CT_Timer - A timer that counts up or down.
  • CT_UnitFrames - Changes display of hp/mp values and adds a percentage.
  • CT_ExpenseHistory
  • EasyCopy - Allows you to copy chat by clicking on a timestamp.
  • EQL3 (Extended Quest Log)
  • EquipCompare - Adds the currently-equipped comparison window (when you hover over an item) everywhere in the game.
  • EzDismount - will dismount you when you cast a spell or click on a herb/ore node, attack someone etc.
  • FlightMap - Adds a tooltip to the world map showing flightpaths into and out of zones and zone level ranges.
  • FlightPath - Learns flight paths and displays them on the zone map.
  • FlightTime - Measures and displays flight times.
  • ItemRack - Makes swapping equipment easier / automatic.
  • Mendeleev - Adds additional information to most item tooltips.
  • MobInfo2 - Provides additional info about mobs.
  • MoveAnything - Allows you to move/hide/resize any part of UI.
  • Parchment - in-game Notepad.
  • PriceEach - Displays, next to the name of each stackable item in the AH, what the price for each one is if you buy it out. That is: buyout price divided by quantity in the stack.
  • QuestHistory - An in-game history of quests accepted, completed and abandoned.
  • SellValue - Saves item sell values each time you visit a merchant npc and displays them in the hover tooltip.
  • Sprocket - On a button press, adds a radial menu around the current cursor position. Almost anything can be assigned to these menu items.
  • SuperMacro - Improved macro interface.
  • SuperPlayerLink - Adds additional options to the menu which appears when you right-click a player frame/name.
  • TheoryCraft - Places everything you need to know about your spells right on their tooltips. Or, if you're using the default action bars, on their buttons. Also displays stats like bonus spell damage etc.
  • XLoot - Improved lootframe.
  • CECB (Natur Enemy Cast Bar) - Shows a replication of your target's cast bar, RaidBossCooldowns and Debuff-Timers like 'Sap', 'Burning Adrenaline' etc.
  • Questie - Quest Helper (https://github.com/AeroScripts/QuestieDev)
  • Classic Mouseover - Enables mouseover macro functionality. Useful for both pvp and pve.
  • TinyTip - tooltip mod
  • modui - a mod for the default ui, adding some quality of life improvements & visual twists with a focus on clean design & light scripting.

class specific

• rais_AutoShot / zHunterMod / Sorren's Hunter Timers - auto/aimed shot castbars and more.
  • ICU (hunter) - Click on the tracked blip(s) in radar to display a selectable popup menu containing indepth details of the blip(s). You may select from the popup menu to acquire the blip as target if it is still within range. Then, a ping will be generated on the last known location of the target, and your party will receive a message with information on your
    target.
  • CT_ShieldMod (priest) - Counts and displays damage left on Power Word: Shield.
  • EnergyWatch v2 (rogue/druid) - Displays energy ticks and combo points on a progress bar.
  • BC_AmmoWarning - Warns you when your ammo is about to run out.
  • Decursive - Decursive is a cleansing mod intended to make affliction removal easy, effective and fun for all the classes having this ability. 
  • Detox - Live debuff display with priority, name and type filtering.
  • DruidBar - Druid Bar is a movable mana bar that keeps track of your current mana, even in a shapeshifted form.

other useful addons

• OmniCC - Displays cooldown counts on spells / items.
  • AuldLangSyne - Improved friends and ignore lists.
  • Bongos - Action bar replacement with a few additional features.
  • Bookworm - Remembers the in-game books you've seen, and can also remember their contents, and then lets you browse this information at any time.
  • Buffalo - Allows customization of your buff/debuff/weapon enchant display.
  • SnowfallKeypress - Enables keydown casting for action bar key bindings.
  • Cooldown Timers - Brings up bars with the cooldowns of your spells. (+ cd text alerts)
  • Gatherer - For herbalists, miners and treasure hunters . It's main purpose is to track the closest plants, deposits and treasure locations on your minimap.
  • MSBT / SCT - Scrolling Battle Text mods.
  • OneBag - Replacement for the default game bags that combines all the bags into one frame.
  • RedRange - Colors your action buttons red when out of range.
  • SatrinaBuffFrames - Similar to buffalo with a few additional features.
  • Stopwatch (tbc backport)
  • VCB - Vanilla Consolidated Buff-Frames
Edited by RTB

WeakAuras 2! Is without a doubt a best addon I have ever used in this game, it doesn't have an "vanilla version" but I'd like to see it implemented because it is so customizeable. You can do pretty much anything with it, like track enemy /own debuffs/buffs/skills/procs/health % or amount/mana etc in numeric or visual manner,possibilities are endless , it also has voice activation and a lot of default blizzard or own textures etc all kinds of stuff. It pretty much makes some of addons obsolete which are on the list which is imo a good thing so you can use 1 instead of 4 using up a lot of memory. On Curse site it has like 11 mil, downloads, I HIGHLY suggest you look into adding it if that is in fact at all possible :) I noticed you had powerauras in github which is a similar addon but i really suggest you scratch that and move to WA2 because it is more "userfriendly" and is a LOT more customizeable.

Tidyplates is another good one and has 21mil downloads on curse. Also a good addon to track debuffs/buffs with timers above enemy healthbar for example  and shows cast bars obove/below healthbars of enemies, and is highly customizeable. But WeakAuras 2 still takes the cake without a doubt.
I have tried tons of addons and still use a LOT of addons at once but really nothing compares to WA and one addon which I am a total scrub without :()

Neither of the addons are for of from the era of Vanilla so I don't know if they will work with your version of the game or is it even possible to impelement these addons, but would be a very neat addons to have. But if that's not possible Power Auras (as someone already mentioned) is a nice alternative! 

Luna Unit Frames  as someone already mentioned is an cleanest addon of unitframes I've seen.

LINKS:
WA2 : https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/weakauras-2

Tidyplates : https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/tidy-plates

PS. REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS VANILLA PROJECT.

Edited by Minatbar

Neither WA2 or Tidyplates are possible in vanilla with the feature set you know from retail.

A lot of client API is simply missing, it would be a massive re-write and you still can't get all the functionality.

I could do a break down of major features from each addon that are not possible but even that is a lot of work :P

1 minute ago, Roadblock said:

Neither WA2 or Tidyplates are possible in vanilla with the feature set you know from retail.

A lot of client API is simply missing, it would be a massive re-write and you still can't get all the functionality.

I could do a break down of major features from each addon that are not possible but even that is a lot of work :P

Well we can't get everything we want can we hehe. Thank you for explaining ^:)

Once the best addons are established, they should all go up on the site as a recommendation; along with the URL to each addon. Asura should highly consider this for everyones convience. :D

It would be good if someone (I do not have the time right now) organizes all the input in a Google Docs. Group addons by function (e.g. Unit Frames etc.) and provide name, link where to get them and current working status / known bugs etc.. This would help to have an idea what is available and working. Because this thread already has so many good mentions from various sources and in various states of functioning or not. 

This could later result in centralized hosting webspace for the most relevant (most used / requested) addons to give people one source to access all relevant addons. 

Edited by meth

If there's no official addon repository added to Crestfall's website like what some servers have, perhaps when people post addons & their links they should also prefix it with [UNTESTED] & [TESTED] or something.

Grimoire Keeper 1.10.0

It's an addon for warlocks. It puts a blue filter over the icons of those grimoires that you have already bought and taught to your demon. I don't really have to tell how useful it is locks.

grimoire-keeper-blue-for-spells-you-alre

It can be found on http://wow.tutis.me/?dir=addons/g

TNE Nightfall

Another addon for warlocks. It's a Nightfall proc addon, that puts a dark purple flashing overlay on the edges of your screen whenever Nightfall procs.

It can be found on: http://wow.tutis.me/?dir=addons/t

Edited by JollySwagman

8 hours ago, Chickengrease said:

I wish this worked on vanilla (maybe it does o.O):

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/seinfeld#t1:description

This is probably the easiest addon to backport ever.

Try this (untested, but it's just a .toc edit and conversion of the soundfile from .ogg to .mp3, it should work in vanilla as is otherwise)

1 hour ago, Roadblock said:

This is probably the easiest addon to backport ever.

Try this (untested, but it's just a .toc edit and conversion of the soundfile from .ogg to .mp3, it should work in vanilla as is otherwise)

Haha, cheers mate!

Gonna try it out on Elysium sometime this week, been treating the server as my UI playground for the past few days.

Edited by Chickengrease

On 7/24/2016 at 2:46 AM, Roadblock said:

I second Luna Unit Frames (LUF)

Link to releases: https://github.com/Aviana/LunaUnitFrames/releases

Would like to try Luna, but it won't show up for me in game. I was using Grid + Clique with no issue, other then I didn't care for it.

I download that link, extract to desktop, pull folder into "AddOns". It shows it's there in my wow folder, but it's not there in game.  What's my major malfunction?