Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Darkrasp's Update 10/24/2016

71 posts in this topic
18 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

Crogge is working on some video for us, should be ready to show off soon. 

tumblr_n90y85Y2g01qdco94o1_400.png

On a separate note, I'm glad you're feeling better, Darkrasp.

(nao gib beta)

Edited by cell007

Not many sources of proper classic wow available or upcoming, our fate is in your hands, you have all the time you need.. we don't have another option hehehe..

Thanks tho, updates are really nice to keep the faith in Crestfall up..

The fear is stong after nost play tbc etc. 

I agree with your decision to do as much as you can in the closed alpha and only release beta once you absolutely have to. 

No matter how many times you hammer it into peoples heads, many people simply don't understand that beta means you are TRYING to find bugs, not play the server like normal and complaining when you find them. Releasing it early would end up in a ragefest. God forbid some monkey youtuber join the beta and find one bug and write a nasty review.

Keep up the good work guys, I appreciate the frequent updates on the projects. Beats the hell out of sitting in the dark for years at a time, like a certain other project that rhymed with 'more maft'.

31 minutes ago, Darkrasp said:

That doesn't mean it's going to take a year or more, it just means we don't know exactly how long it's going to take, and since guessing has thus far proven to be a Bad Move, we aren't going to guess.

Not gonna lie, that line kinda makes me nervous lol

10 minutes ago, Knetik said:

Not gonna lie, that line kinda makes me nervous lol

Yeah, I know, but like "having a root canal", it sounds worse than it is.  Trust me.  ;)

Interesting to read these weekly updates. I think the reason are expecting so much from betas is because some start-ups started monetizing on early access and even betas... Meh

The wonders of local anesthetics.  :D

I always appreciate these updates from Darkrasp and the team.  You guys are doing a helluva job considering the monumental task this must have been when Asura decided to start.  

As for all the people who are upset about your guys' estimate, you're just seeing the boiling over of a bunch of angsty vanilla wow fanatics who are pissed at Blizzard and pissed at Nostalrius for shutting down when there aren't any really solid servers out there.  You have to look on the bright side, though:  this means they actually care about the project.  If they didn't, they wouldn't even bother getting upset over it!  

Thanks for the update Dark, glad to hear your health issue is resolved, I wish you a good recovery.

You shouldn't really bother with those guys spamming posts about when's the server going to be released &/or asking if the server will be vaporware / the next CoreCraft, it's not really worth your time.

Just know that the we (the community) support your decisions with all our hearts, and we know that your decisions are for the best for the server in the long run.

Also, very hyped for the video!

Glad to see you well Darksrap.

All of you are doing a great work. This will be an amazing server.

Regards.

3 hours ago, raiko said:

Anyone who gets worked up over beta is just an entitled asshole. I know we all would love to be able to get in there and get a look at the work you all have done. But its not like you owe any of us anything. You don't have a deadline to meet. You guys aren't stopping us from spending time on other games. When it comes it comes, and I will enjoying finding out if it really is as great as you guys make it sound. 

This. 

I know you all don't need to hear it, but don't let the jerk wads get to you. I'm good with the wait. 

2 hours ago, Lloyd2k4 said:

As for all the people who are upset about your guys' estimate, you're just seeing the boiling over of a bunch of angsty vanilla wow fanatics who are pissed at Blizzard and pissed at Nostalrius for shutting down when there aren't any really solid servers out there. 

They have been lied too and let down too many times. Especially recently. This update reads like updates from other projects in the not-too-distant past.

Maybe Crestfall will be different. I think it will be, but that remains to be seen. Corecraft had a very functional beta server by all accounts, and now they're gone. I don't think you should hold it against the community, backlash is to be expected, and Darkrasp more or less said he expects it.

2 minutes ago, Krueger said:

They have been lied too and let down too many times. Especially recently. This update reads like updates from other projects in the not-too-distant past.

Maybe Crestfall will be different. I think it will be, but that remains to be seen. Corecraft had a very functional beta server by all accounts, and now they're gone. I don't think you should hold it against the community, backlash is to be expected, and Darkrasp more or less said he expects it.

Don't live in the past. Live in the future.

crestfall is future!

3 hours ago, raiko said:

Anyone who gets worked up over beta is just an entitled asshole. I know we all would love to be able to get in there and get a look at the work you all have done. But its not like you owe any of us anything. You don't have a deadline to meet. You guys aren't stopping us from spending time on other games. When it comes it comes, and I will enjoying finding out if it really is as great as you guys make it sound. 

Basically this, in my opinion, any launch time during 2017 H1 is more than reasonable, I mean, it's not like we don't wait months and years for other games to release.

4 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

Suffice to say that we aren't prepared to sacrifice quality to meet a deadline, and so no deadline will be set

Take ur time , tbh when game launches i want to spend my time ingame, not on forum reporting bugs.

4 hours ago, Darkrasp said:

vaporware accusations

LoL

@Darkrasp

So far it's been a good balancing act expectations wise. I do have a minor quibble on the closed beta - open beta scenario. You could, optics wise, have gone to closed beta because you've indicated before that this may not necessarily mean bringing on a lot more people. Whereas open beta, well duh. So you could have announced closed beta picked a handful of competent people (not me so), and got them to rehash a lot of the testing and exploring for a second opinion.

For my POV it looks like you'll head straight to Beta as indicated by the shorter time spans. 

I think the recent Blizz/Nost announcements are excellent news for the Crestfall. I'm sure a lot of attention/pressure will be diverted over the next month or so, make the most of it.

Your timings all along have been either very lucky or very prescient. Or both. Who cares? On with the show/train/boat/avalanche

Good to hear that caves can be fixed. Those tend to be buggy, especially with pets, on all the other servers I've tried, along with two story houses like the one in Alterac Mountains by the lake with syndicate mobs.

Edited by Lilaina

Take your time. We are patient and we fully support you in releasing a later but far better Game. First impression is all that matters and is very important for a good population.

Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks for the update. I don't mind waiting longer for the beta, moreso since I won't be able to put in the time to test  lot so I'll be waiting for release to join the server.

This project is still by far the most promising legacy server I've ever seen and I just hope it delivers. The extra wai will be worth it in the end.

Funny thing this beta uproar. First why so many people are disappointed since most of them won't make it to the beta? Secondly, why does it matter that all the stuff that needs fixing is done in beta or alpha, whats the difference except a later release date for the beta in a better state to test important issues? If you're in a need for a quick wow fix one some mediocre server, there's a lot of places to get one while waiting for crestfall to open.

good you fixed your jaw. i didnt fix mine and now i hear ultrasounds all day long.

Heres what i have posted recently, i felt it needed to be shared.

I have given up on Crestfall, they are just another playTBC. The delays are because they dont have the ability or technical skill to put it all together and they are starting to realise it, hence all the excuses. The honest answer is that the project has come to a grinding halt, expect Crestfall to close shop the way PlayTBC did.

Reading between the lines, the 2030 release is no joke, its an admission that its beyond them.

With any luck there is a chance that Nostalrius could restart. There is no way that retail will release classic servers, they lied and I think the Nostalrius team are starting to realise they were used.