Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darkrasp

Asura's Q&A with Orcbit - 10/25/2016

Just started listening; thank you for the interview! Like many here, I appreciate the updates we're receiving. I hope they provide an enjoyable break for both of you (Asura & Darkrasp), rather than being an annoying burden due to impatient forum posters. Keep up the good work, and we will patiently wait for beta & launch. 

Earth Mother bless @Asura and @OrcBit for taking the time to do this interview...maybe people will calm their damn tits now and just listen for once before bitching. 

3 hours ago, Chiasmus said:

Full launch:

Asura has a super-secret-distant date that is the absolute latest they'll launch. It's a bit in the future he clarified, but there is date by which CF will go public no matter what. Each stage of beta could last a week or a month, so while we'll push as hard as we can come open beta, the real hype can begin and we can speculate about launch dates.

I sure hope its after 2018 begins, just in case something happens that prevents development or something or people develop too slowly due to irl stuff

Great, another beguiling update. Now I won't get any work done... I have to watch this right now. :x

Worth watching!

Edited by Pinkbeard
Because worth

Think I'll be watching this later with a nice cuppa tea :3

Reading AshBringer Comic ATM.

Edited by Pvt_8Ball

My nipples are at full mast. Prepare the hype train. Gief me beta.

That 1-20, 21-40 etc idea for betas is excellent. People will be excited and max out their char as usual etc but still test levelling content. 

Really hope that's what you'll do, I think it could really benefit. 

Blink being done properly here.. sold me, I'm your #1 fan. 

I really like their plans, their transparence, also I rly like that they have families/gf's, I myself am about to get a gf and later make a family I hope, so thats really nice to hear.I expect in 1-2 months to have open beta and early Q1 of 2017 a release.

Edited by dailybs

Ok so, according to our plans, we're going to start something around Q1 2030. 

Good, very good

Guys, you are amazing.

Blizzard itself have no such long Q&A sessions even it is a part of their work.

Thanks for the update guys, very glad to hear the plans and know more about the server itself.

Hopefully we'll get a closed beta somewhere along january 2017 if everything goes well.

Good stuff folks !

This was a great interview, thanks to the both of you for it.

Love reading and now watching all these updates. Take your time and get it right, this stuff is awesome.

Hope to see more of these :) 

Love Orcbit! He's the only private server guy I subscribe to. He's really good and dat voice, dayum!

Also I really liked the part they talk about hacking and stuff. If they get this to work right and they can detect cheating in game, then we might actually be allowed to use Wod HD models MPQ for example, since that wont lead to any wierd behavior ingame that would be picked up by their anti-cheat. They can then relax abit on the MPQs themselves, as Crogge mentioned in another thread. (Not talking about modifying any existing game files here btw, I know that isnt allowed).

Really looking forward to more of this. Awesome stuff! Thanks Asura and Orcbit!

Great update. I know Asura was talking about me when he said Audio junkie :)