Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gurgel

If you had to pick only one...

34 posts in this topic

If you had to pick only one race/class combination to play through vanilla and all the other expansions, which one would it be?

Example: Gnome Mage

Oh damn, so we can't pick race/class combos introduced after Vanilla?

I don't know what I would pick, taurens look silly on most mounts :c

Nelf Druid.

They're not much in Vanilla besides utility and free gear being thrown at you, but from TBC on up - Feral just gets better and better each expansion. Resto just gets better and better each expansion. Shadowmeld gets buffed to be an incombat vanish. Cat form gets new models and one of the best melee from Wrath onward. They bring unique raid utility, great AoE healing, fun to play and become great in every role. They're a great example of the "Ugly Girl from High School becomes Hot Babe in College" redemption story.

edit: Oh, and easily some of the coolest looking tier sets in the game. Especially in BC.

Edited by Malediction

2 minutes ago, ilovecats said:

Oh damn, so we can't pick race/class combos introduced after Vanilla?

I don't know what I would pick, taurens look silly on most mounts :c

Exactly

Maybe nelf hunter.

They usually have atleast 1 viable spec and are the go-to class for special mechanics in raids that involve running. Also less gear competition throughout expansions since there's only 2 mail classes and ranged weps always go to hunters first.

female Night Elf priest. I dunno, I think they look pretty regal, priestesses are in the NE lore, and their mounts are kewl. Yeah, their casting animations suck but the pros outweigh the cons IMO. 

50 minutes ago, Malediction said:

They're a great example of the "Ugly Girl from High School becomes Hot Babe in College" redemption story.

xD lawl'd so much 

cant't really decide... Hard question : / Tauren Prot Warrior winning with 1% 

Going off @Lilaina.. Hunter is a little bland in vanilla but the rest of expansions they have an insane amount of depth and interesting things you can do. Take a look at my favorite vide of all time, she is PvPing against max level 80s while she's still leveling; maximizing mechanics Hunters have..

Edited by Thrixsulpax

@Gurgel Nice thread.

So it has to be Tauren Shaman. Hybrid classes offer the greatest variety throughout expansions so you never get bored. Level up on one spec, main in another.

Consistently Shaman Resto has been a core building block for all the elements in WoW that interests me.

In addition, Tauren are the only unique race in WoW. The Shu'Halo give presence, nobility and calmness to any situation.

54 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

The Shu'Halo give presence, nobility and calmness to any situation.

This is very true - unless I'm the one piloting that veritable mound of muscle and musk. Then I feel like I'm too far from the ground. Kind of like an airborne gnome, but less screamy.

I like the question. Normally, I'd go with Undead Priest (erm, who would have thought) for Vanilla to WotLK. But after that, I really stopped fancying them. No mana battery? I am sad panda. So, if I had to play any further than WotLK, probably (female) Orc Shaman. I love the animations, they got shields, they can heal, they have style and lots of utility. Well, until they lose their totems. Then they suck. So probably also not Shaman. I guess rogue has the least changes of any class to their play style through the expansions. So I'd be taking that. As for class, I played Gnome, Human, Belf, Dwarf and Orc rogues at max levels. So something new. Female (sorry, they usually got the nicer animations - only male models I like are UD and dorf) Night Elf Rogue. Daggers all the way from Teldrassil to your lungs!

tauren warrior no doubts. i played that race and class so many years in retail

tauren druid forever! though I was somewhat glad my friends made me switch to alli in wotlk—that shadow meld combat escape as a night elf druid was super convenient. but even though i spent more hours as alliance than horde, and even though i had 4 max levels in wotlk as alliance....it's gotta be horde!!

This is the hardest decision for me..lol

I can't decide between:

Human Paladin, Night Elf Hunter, or Tauren Warrior

45 minutes ago, Knetik said:

This is the hardest decision fome me

I feel you man, I'm still torn by it myself. 

Either play the thing I know I can play or the alternative thing of the thing or a prot warrior.  But leveling a warrior requires some time and that  is something I kind of lack but really want. 

What to play...  WWWAARRGHHHH!!!!! 

Locks are my favorite class, but if I could only pick one toon to play through the entire span of WOW I would go with Night Elf Druid.  Lots of versatility.

Dwarf Female Paladin. 

Don´t be fooled by my avatar.