Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Undertanker

A Friendly Hello

26 posts in this topic

I would first like to start off, as the title mentions with a friendly, hello.

Quick Background: 

I am a veteran of the Vanilla scene, from living it out back in '05 Naxx Spider Wing, to participating as a strong end-gamer on Nost and then Kronos there after.  Some may know me from the other site forums or from in-game, for those that do not, I am/was the main tank and raid leader for <Thundercats>.   A competing North American Guild for the Alliance.

I was a day 1 player on Nost and took a hard hit to my player progression (Exhaulted AD), obtained gear (+8 hit/420 DEF/Thunderfury) and lost a lot of friends that I made along the way.  A good portion of us moved to Kronos' main server due to not wanting to wait an additional year for AQ.  We progressed and got C'Thun down, a nice feat considering we all re-rolled 4 months before that.

My work schedule changed due to a promotion I took and will be working 3rd shift for at least 2+ years if not much more (the money is good).   That now makes me an EU time zone player.  However to avoid causing detriment to the guild I played with, I donated my Main Tank to the guild so my RL actions would not affect those in game, since it had the best gear.

Now:

So I now stand without access to the character I worked on Nost with, no character to play with on Kronos due to giving it to my previous North American Guild since I was their MT in a Loot Council, and am in an unfamiliar scene with now being an EU player and not knowing but a few of the main faces of the top competing EU guilds.   I will be posting a lot through this waiting game, as I have a lot of Vanilla experience and class/spec knowledge, and a bit of a wiz-kid when it comes to statistics.

Kronos turned a big blind eye to the NA population and any proven bug reports that greatly affected the Warrior class, especially end game rage starvation effecting gear itemization.  This has turned me off from rerolling a new toon at all to kill time.    There have been talks of Nost coming back if Legacy doesn't get announced for a reasonable time table.  However strong avocations of a character wipe MAY be included in a Nost 2.0.  If it came back up, with my toons (as I had a geared R-Druid as well) I'd probably go back there.  If my toons are gone, I am 100% into here.

What I am looking for:

Fortunately with the estimated time table the Admin/DEVs have communicated for beta, it seems the community will have their answer on what Nost is doing, well before Crestfall is ready.   If the above happens and I am forced to start over....again... I will be looking for a hardcore EU raiding guild to play with on Crestfall.

I have a proven track record of over 99.5% raid attendance (including 20 mans) on both Nost and Kronos and always put the guild first in world events and 5 mans.  I am in search of a core that is interested in speed running, and optimizing, min/maxing.   I'd prefer the Crestfall PVP Server, but am willing to run Alli or Horde.   Also I am open to playing a class that an established EU guild typically lacks, be it an alliance Dwarf Priest / NE Druid / Gnome Warlock -  or horde Tauren Druid, Troll Priest, or what ever the hell that faction typically lacks.    My elitist skills and knowledge are with Warrior and Tanking 24/7, so if a solid tank for your crew is something you are also looking for let me know.

We are all in this waiting game together, let's be kind to each other, respect each others opinions and be grateful to the individuals and teams that are putting this project (and the projects before this) together for our enjoyment.

Edited by Undertanker

Well then...

*Checks chasis*

*Kicks tyres*

Welcome to the community. I wish you every success. We know the devs want to create a meaningful challenge to elite players in the 'working as intended' raid model, so hopefully you can do some Beta raiding for evaluation and feedback.

Hello.

Quite the résumé you have there. Just reading it made me feel like the nooblet I was 10 years ago :/

Remember you from Nost. Thundercats was also a pretty enjoyable guild to play with, I would say they were one of the friendlier top US guilds. 

I bid you a warm welcome and hope to see you on the PvP server, Alliance once again. 

Welcome my dude.

We definitely need people with competitive mindset on both sides. :)

1 hour ago, Adelinemdr said:

EU guilds huh, Time to play with the big boys? ;)

Yeah I will acknowledge this statement is true.  The player base of try-hards seems lacking for NA vs EU.

We (Thundercats) were about a 6.5/10 on the try hard scale, and ensured a relacking raid atmosphere while still remaining competitive (sub 1 hour MCs/78 min BWL, however I am ready to push things to the next level.

If Nost drops the news of our toons being wiped, feel free to reach out to me in regards to raiding.  

Greetings and welcome :)

What bugs regarding warrior " especially end game rage starvation effecting gear itemization " were on Kronos? 

13 minutes ago, Zetox said:

What bugs regarding warrior " especially end game rage starvation effecting gear itemization " were on Kronos? 

The rage generated per hits taken is incredibly low. This is the only one I know of, I don´t play warrior but I´ve had friends talking about it. 

I too am US player with a lot of tanking experience who will probably want to play EU times. I raided EU times on Nost and then US times on Kronos and i do believe there may be more hardcore on the EU side (this is actually true throughout WoW if you look at all top guilds)

Anyways welcome to CF. Maybe we'll tank alongside each other in game ;) 

@Sweatyhong Are you suggesting that his tanking skills are of the same quality as Bud Light? Weak and tasteless seems a little harsh, no?

Hopefully,  if CF ends up being your option,  you'll find a great EU guild that can fit your needs. See ya around :)

10 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

@Sweatyhong Are you suggesting that his tanking skills are of the same quality as Bud Light? Weak and tasteless seems a little harsh, no?

Nope, merely suggesting that he's an excellent tank who's even better after  one, two or twenty drinks :P.

Maybe this is more representative since Bud Light is pretty awful:

beer-tank.jpeg

Edited by Sweatyhong

Well, I'm Irish and I wouldn't drink Guinness. I'm reckoning a tank of his ability is more like:

Image result for hoptimum

OK - I'd bitter hop derailing the thread

@Undertanker

Glad to see you around Undertanker. The apathetic attitude towards the warrior tanking bugs on Kronos drove me away as well. When I first moved there I believe they would be fixed by the time I leveled up, but, of course, I was wrong.

As you, I am playing the waiting game. Hopefully Crestfall or Nostalrius give us a home again.

Always happy to see knowledgeable and dedicated people on the forums.  They're a great resource for dirty casuals like me.  Welcome aboard.

10 hours ago, Sweatyhong said:

Nope, merely suggesting that he's an excellent tank who's even better after  one, two or twenty drinks :P.

Maybe this is more representative since Bud Light is pretty awful:

beer-tank.jpeg

#Drunkertanker

Bud is like making love in a canoe.

Fucking close to water.

Welcome Undertanker! Remember you guys from Nost and kept up with the K1 raiding scene since I left there. Jelly, we didn't even get a bindings drop on K1 in ~8 months and you got TF within 4 months.