Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yavannie

Inclusive social guild (H)

37 posts in this topic

EDIT 2017-02-10: As of the latest announcement, this project is put on hold indefinitely. 

<Placeholder name> (actually actually a placeholder - a name will be decided when the server opens and then announced here) will be an inclusive social guild for perhaps not the average player on Zul’Dare Horde. 

First and foremost, it will aim to be a safe haven for players who need a truly friendly and accepting home in WoW. We aim to be:

• A safe space for women
  • LGBT+ friendly
  • Welcoming all races and religions - in game as well as outside of it ;)
  • Welcoming all levels and specs
  • Open for players 18 years and older

Is this a leveling guild?

It can be if you like. This guild will be a home to whoever needs it, for as long as you need it (providing you follow the community guidelines, of course). No hard feelings if you want to move on after a while, or need that raid fix regularly at level 60.

Wait, what community guidelines?

When I say friendly and accepting, I actually mean it. This includes (but is not limited to) a zero tolerance policy on sexist, racist, ableist etc slurs; not slagging anyone off for their ingame choices, be it a non-standard spec or what they get up to when they’re online; being considerate towards others - even outside the guild. Being nice to guildies and then mouthing off in trade is not OK. We learn as long as we live, and everyone can make mistakes, but we do reserve the right to temporarily mute members or, if worst comes to worst, kick members who repeatedly act against these simple guidelines.

What kind of stuff will I be able to do at level 60?

Whatever you want! The guild will of course encourage forming dungeon groups, but there will be no pressure to join in activities, and progress beyond dungeons will only happen if the guild members feel like it. If this server goes down the semi-PUG-route, you’re more than welcome to act as a filler in other guild raids if you want a raiding fix without being in a raiding guild. If you want to spend your evenings fishing in Moonglade and just being comforted by seeing green text scroll by, that’s fine too.

How do I know if this guild is for me?

This guild is for you if…

• You tend to leave global and trade channels asap because omfg
  • You’ve previously felt uncomfortable or intimidated by guild chat or TS/Vent banter
  • You fill up your ignore list alarmingly fast
  • You are open minded and prefer discussing differences with others rather than dismissing them
  • You are a decent human being, basically

How do I know if this guild is not for me?

• If you've read this far, you probably know
  • But okay
  • If you feel a compulsive need to describe anything from stats on level 17 boots to the loot table of Sulfuron as “gay”, this guild is probably not for you
  • If you think people in general are too “easily offended” and should be able to “just take a joke”, this guild is probably not for you
  • I honestly think you already know

(I’ll just go ahead and say right off the bat, haters to the left, please. Questions are welcome, depressingly unfunny trolls who comment just because will be ignored.)

(Edited title and text to clarify that this will be a Horde guild.)

Edited by Yavannie

Sounds good. I'm more on the crafting and profession end of guilds, but this is great to see because it influences choices on what faction people play.

Wish you every success.

• A safe space for women
  • LGBT+ friendly
  • Welcoming all races and religions - in game as well as outside of it ;)
  • Open for players 18 years and older

Oh goodness...I might just have to roll Horde now. Well, I was gonna do both on Zul'Dare but I might have to main Horde for now. Good thing we have a while until server release. I will definitely be weighing my options between Alliance/Horde guilds that are coming about. It's just difficult because everyone who is seemingly rolling on the PvE realm is really cool and I wanna play with all of you guys weehhhhhh

Either way, I believe this guild will do just fine and be a great addition not only Horde-side but to the server as well. :) 

I had to go back to the main page to see what realm it is on because it doesn't show on mobile lol

When I was introduced to the game I played on a server with quite a toxic and closed-minded community, and seeing this guild description is mind-blowing. It's a complete opposite of what I normally see as a game community, with hateful insecure teenage boys and all that jazz.

I still want to play my tauren girl hunter, so now I'm very inclined to roll Horde as well. I'm glad it's on the PvE realm, but then this choice was obvious for this kind of guild.

See you in 2030!  : D

Good luck. Fortunately, having a PvE server from the get go should cut down on a lot of that shit in 90% of cases.

This isn't something I would personally look for, but I know there are those players that search for a calm, polite, and respectful family atmosphere in their games. For those that crave this, I hope that your guild's atmosphere provides it. I don't necessarily promote these kinda of guidelines in my guild, however, I do go out of my way to make sure my guild members are comfortable and happy; so, I can understand the need. I have grown very intimate with that good ol' /gkick command :P

Just be careful the guild doesn't turn into a hatefest on intolerant players; as, in time, this can develop into something just as bad. I have seen many guilds that have these "guidelines" turn their guild chats into a propaganda machine and transition it to server. Make sure you are against "hate" in general. As I am quite religious myself, I have my own personal stances, but I never look to breed hate or discrimination from my views. Anyhow, just something to be on the lookout for :)

Good Luck! And as @Elicas mentioned, I hope the PvE server DOES cut down on general hate.

59 minutes ago, RoflImaQT said:

yeah have fun with your guild.

I'll be honest, my first thought was a little on the wth side too. I've always been in rough and tumble guilds, hell I was in a guild called Grizzly which most people saw as pserver cancer. But you know, those guys were actually some of the nicest people around. You gave as good as you got and had a laugh and didn't take stuff seriously.

But...some people just want to have fun without all the racist sexist stuff flying around. So what if they want this nice little guild where no one has to see Barrens chat in green? It's nice they can have this quiet slice of WoW and play whatever spec they want without having to deal with the thoughtless comments that we as a community tend to fling around.

So yeah, have fun with this guild :)

Thank you for the replies, guys! Nice to see both interest and encouragement.

@cell007 - You're always welcome to join with an alt just to make some friends and chat. No activity requirement whatsoever. Thank you for your kind words!

@ilovecats - Awesome! Maybe we should hope for 2050 because by then we'll all be retired with plenty of free time on our hands. See you then ;D 

On 10/29/2016 at 11:08 PM, Yavannie said:

• A safe space for women
  • LGBT+ friendly

Oh man! I love you already! This is amazing, I was worried for a while and thought: ''but what if there's mean people? i really don't want to deal with that'', but now I can finally give my concerns a rest. ;D Even though I am not 18 just yet, I hope I can make it in your guild! Thanks for making this!

Edited by Sylvanas

Count me in, tanky bear will come when CF open gates:)

Edited by Triballone

On 11/17/2016 at 8:47 AM, Triballone said:

Count me in, tanky bear will come when CF open gates:)

You'll be most welcome!

On 10/29/2016 at 2:08 PM, Yavannie said:

This guild is for you if…

• You tend to leave global and trade channels asap because omfg

Lollllllllllllllllllllll.  Not sure why this made me laugh probably because its so true.  I'll be playing horde for the first time when CF launches looking forward to it. Haven't decided on a class yet usually play warlock but I might switch that up also. This guild defiantly seems like a good fit for me. 

Hey guys! I'm delighted there's an interest in this project, but it's best just to leave trolls be and not let the thread derail. 

Thanks!

1 minute ago, Yavannie said:

Hey guys! I'm delighted there's an interest in this project, but it's best just to leave trolls be and not let the thread derail. 

Thanks!

Sorry about that, I have little tolerance threshold for smug trolls.

21 hours ago, ilovecats said:

Sorry about that, I have little tolerance threshold for smug trolls.

But, I thought we were friends?

:(

1 hour ago, Outstanding said:

I'll be your friend /hug

I didn't mean it in a sad way.

This guild sounds cool. Too bad im on the alliance side this time around. Will see if a similar one shows up over there. I dont really care about the "safe space" stuff that much personally, it tends to get overly strict sometimes and causes alot of drama from the smallest things. As long as people are just acting maturely and respectful towards one another its usually enough. But each to their own! I really like the acceptance of odd-ball specs though. Best of luck guys!

On 2016-10-30 at 5:47 AM, ilovecats said:

I had to go back to the main page to see what realm it is on because it doesn't show on mobile lol

When I was introduced to the game I played on a server with quite a toxic and closed-minded community, and seeing this guild description is mind-blowing. It's a complete opposite of what I normally see as a game community, with hateful insecure teenage boys and all that jazz.

I still want to play my tauren girl hunter, so now I'm very inclined to roll Horde as well. I'm glad it's on the PvE realm, but then this choice was obvious for this kind of guild.

See you in 2030!  : D

Werent you gonna roll a pally though? :P

3 hours ago, Sakritan said:

Werent you gonna roll a pally though? :P

First I'll roll a ret, then I think I'll roll a Horde hunter. It would be nice if someone created a twin guild on the Alliance side.

4 hours ago, ilovecats said:

First I'll roll a ret, then I think I'll roll a Horde hunter. It would be nice if someone created a twin guild on the Alliance side.

Oh multifactioning in wow is a bitch :P Thats why I always got stuck on horde side on retail thinking for the longest time that I would one day switch to alliance, some 9 years later and never happened. Since the guild and all friends etc is on horde-side, it just gets too complicated to do it, communication being barred between factions and cant invite to party, raid, pvp etc. If you think you can pull it off then go for it! But I suspect you will end up like the rest of us and stick to one side ;) Especially in vanilla it takes such insane amount of time just having one char.

Anyway, if you end up alliance, we should join one of these guilds man, depending on the pop it 'might' be hard to get one filled with enough casuals yet getting 40 of them to show up at raids. Some guilds rather run with 39 than bringing a retpally that "steals gear", I guess you know the mentality by now, so hopefully we find a cool guild. Seems horde got 2 of them by now. Outstanding has some Filthy Casuals planned as well I think. Getting kinda annoyed horde dont have any pallies now, then the choice would be easy ¬¬

Edited by Sakritan

48 minutes ago, Sakritan said:

Oh multifactioning in wow is a bitch :P Thats why I always got stuck on horde side on retail thinking for the longest time that I would one day switch to alliance, some 9 years later and never happened. Since the guild and all friends etc is on horde-side, it just gets too complicated to do it, communication being barred between factions and cant invite to party, raid, pvp etc. If you think you can pull it off then go for it! But I suspect you will end up like the rest of us and stick to one side ;) Especially in vanilla it takes such insane amount of time just having one char.

Anyway, if you end up alliance, we should join one of these guilds man, depending on the pop it 'might' be hard to get one filled with enough casuals yet getting 40 of them to show up at raids. Some guilds rather run with 39 than bringing a retpally that "steals gear", I guess you know the mentality by now, so hopefully we find a cool guild. Seems horde got 2 of them by now. Outstanding has some Filthy Casuals planned as well I think. Getting kinda annoyed horde dont have any pallies now, then the choice would be easy ¬¬

I always played Horde ever since I've started to play this game, the longest on a Wrath server, so doing the same quests for the millionth time burnt me out a little. My Alliance characters were created as a joke or just to wander around the capitals.

During my very short time on retail (had to give it a try at least once to see stuff for myself, and Legion seemed like a good opportunity/excuse) I only had Alliance characters, because I realised that I hate Sylvanas more than the gnomes. And I'm very proud of Anduin and could totally be his big sister.

I'm not bothered about guilds. I don't mind having to group to do quests or run dungeons, but I'm generally a loner. So if I have to join a guild, it will be a social/casual one. I dislike the drama and tons of preparation required for raids, so I've always avoided it, unless it was a low level one which I could solo. I have never killed the Lich King for example, even though I absolutely despise him.

The server isn't even in beta yet, so there's plenty of time for new guilds to show up. I thought of creating my own one person guild so I could make the name as a title for my character. And people won't be able to invite me to their crowded trashguilds. Many benefits!

8 hours ago, Sakritan said:

I dont really care about the "safe space" stuff that much personally, it tends to get overly strict sometimes and causes alot of drama from the smallest things. As long as people are just acting maturely and respectful towards one another its usually enough.

Well, the description specifically says a safe space for women. I have experience of countless situations where girls and women have been the target of unwanted attention in WoW, and I want to make it clear right off the bat that it's something I take seriously. Stereotyping and joking about women and the way we play games abound. Some women endure/enjoy that kind of banter, but many, many women do not. Usually, they are not vocal about it either.

To me, acting mature and being respectful includes not reinforcing tired tropes about women (get back in the kitchen and make me a sandwich, women flirt to gain advantages in game, women are bad at the game, women cause guild drama etc etc) or being offended when they don't want to chat or don't respond to "friendly attention". However, past experience has taught me that a lot of players disagree. 

It's absolutely not a guild for everyone. A lot of people think this is a non-issue. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind about either. If someone thinks that not being "allowed" to make sexist jokes is too strict, then by all means, move along quietly and join any of the countless other options available. I'm just making my intentions for this guild clear straight away, and I do believe this type of guild will be a welcome presence to a (probably small) number of players. 

Btw, @Sakritan I'm not directing this at you. Rather, I'm clarifying something that probably needs clarifying. A hell of a lot of guilds throw around words like "mature", "friendly", "respectful" in their recruitment posts/chats. I want exactly that for this guild too, but what I mean by those words is evidently often something a little bit different :) 

59 minutes ago, Yavannie said:

Snip*

Ye I totally get that. Im sorry if it comes off as dissing the safe space part. It was obviously not adressed to me so abit silly of me commenting on that. I was mixing in with my reply, my own search for guild. Anyway. I wish you all the best with the guild! If I was playing horde i'd love to join! You know me already going for an odd-ball guild anyway^_^

1 hour ago, ilovecats said:

I only had Alliance characters, because I realised that I hate Sylvanas more than the gnomes. And I'm very proud of Anduin and could totally be his big sister.

How dare you!?! >:( Disrespecting the queen warchief like this!! (Seriously though, I love Sylvanas lore but since cata they have gone very wrong with her I think)

And what is this nonsense? The sole reason I never rolled alliance was that weasel boy Anduin! (Seriously though, yes I hate him!)

9_9 Ye, plenty of time till CF comes. Im sure something will pop up.