Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AsCE

Remove buffs when entering raid instance

32 posts in this topic

Not every guild gets all the world buffs, most guilds don't even bother with DM and songflower they just get Ony buff and ZG buff.

10 hours ago, Asura said:

Roadblock gets it. We're not looking to buff the content in some awkward way. We're adjusting/compensating for the 1.12 talents/spells/etc. We're fixing known exploits Blizzard didn't take time to, and that's about it. We're not going to start changing entire mechanics of the game.

Could you make it more clear, @Asura? As it sounds quite ambiguous. Adjusting/compensating for talents/spells correlates to my earlier statement, no? What would you adjust in a fight like Lucifron? Or Onyxia? Since you're not changing timers, as they have nothing to do with player spells/talents, you're left with boss/adds outgoing damage and boss health points. Furthermore, how do you measure the increased power players have due to 1.12 talents compared to an earlier patch, and what earlier patch are you measuring this to? How do you calculate the player power of an earlier patch?

I'm going out and saying it, what I fear is another Kronos in this regard. I was on Emerald Dream (feenix) with their awkward buffing of encounters to compensate for scripting - yet the simple mechanics they did have hurt like hell - in BWL anyways. Kronos came along and said ideal scripting would make things more fun and challenging. Scripting on Kronos was better than ED, not perfect but an improvement using the same 1.12 model. In the end, what we got was overpowered players totally ignoring mechanics and just zerging. To use my earlier example, Lucifron on K1, guilds just straight up kill the boss first while cleaving down adds and Onyxia where we just ignore P2 by melee just going ham under a flying Onyxia. Nost was ED 2.0 in many ways, with better scripting and some buffed encounters. 

Core mechanics being better and countering 1.12 talents/spells sounds like another step down that formulaic road. What core mechanic would make Lucifron fun? I suppose all entry raids will just be a walk in the park, it was designed that way by Blizzard. But we're not new players entering raids for the first time. Elysium had the case where 22-26 ppl (in green gear, and some in their lvl 50s) clearing 6 bosses I think it was, because mechanics in Molten Core is just super dull.

Vanilla enthusiasts are looking forward to Crestfall. Myself included, being ignored early content I think is a poor way to welcome us.

TL;DR Not advocating for mechanics changes, would like more awkward buffed bosses early content.

You're asking to nerf buffs which aren't that useful for pushing new bosses in the first place because after 1 death, the entire stack is gone. They might help you with the last 10% on a boss if you can already get it that low, but otherwise, you're just wasting limited raid time. You really want to go back to cities, DMN, or STV, after every raid wipe, to rebuff??? The UBRS one is the only one close to BWL, but unless you can already get a boss to near death without it, chances are it won't change the outcome of a fight.

Good idea. "Preparing" for raids like that is not very fun, plus the game is so old, its way easier than when it was new, everybody knows every game mechanic, every trick etc. Arena as a pvp challenge clears your buffs, why raids as a pve challenge should not, at least some of them, the most OP ones?

Looks like its not gonna happen though, blizzlike title is too precious to lose at this point

Edited by AMS

my points are null

Edited by Kelila
Just saw we have an Asura and Darkrasp comment on this forum

Anyone has sources if you could raid-buff Song Flower from the same plant ?

Wasn't the flower supposed to despawn after one usage ? Was it considered an exploit ? Allowed ? etc.

Thanks