Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITCHCRAFT

Solo levelling/grinding by class tiers?

37 posts in this topic

I have played on two vanilla private servers before, once as (arms) warrior and next as (BM lvl / MM raid) hunter. I was in an active but not large guild both times, and did the majority of my leveling up solo or with random parties. I don't remember that much of my warrior besides the fact that 40-55+ was easy due to an insane warrior quest reward axe. Leveling as hunter had a lot of micromanagement due to controlling pet on top of your own skills, but was smooth from 10-60 as long as you could keep up with you and your pets' skill cooldowns. On live vanilla back in the day I had a ~35 or so (demonology) warlock before ending my subscription, don't remember anything from that other than "stranglethorn PVP is hell."

I am undecided on what class to play when Crestfall goes live, but will not play warrior or hunter again. A big factor in what I pick depends on how good/bad solo leveling is with that class.

Anyway, the point of my thread is to ask: which classes are best to (mainly) solo level to 60? Which are worst? I am interested in playing a healer class since I've never done that, but I know that healing builds are awful garbage to level as. Which healing classes have the easiest grind? I have played many instances with druids that were comfortable playing any class role as needed, but I would like to play a human or troll. How do shadow priests compare? Is there a viable solo leveling build as shaman or paladin?

Hunter is easiest, Warrior is hardest class for leveling - atleast for me. You was have both, so now you can roll for any else :-)

Priest leveling can be pain for someone but in my opinion, its worth it.

25 minutes ago, Srpak said:

Hunter is easiest, Warrior is hardest class for leveling - atleast for me. You was have both, so now you can roll for any else :-)

Priest leveling can be pain for someone but in my opinion, its worth it.

But if a warrior and priest level up together, it'd probably go way more smoothly. Yay for classes that work well together! xD

If you're looking for an easier time with leveling as a healer, shaman is probably your better option. Leveling a priest alone IS tough work, especially if you don't spec into shadow, which is what I did back in Vanilla. Died quite a few times but it's about making sure you keep your mana pool up and don't get stuck into situations where you're bound to get swarmed by 3+ mobs.

So. Most fun class to level up with under your criteria would have been Druid as you can utilise a hybrid hybrid spec that allows you to tank+dps+heal.

It allows you to be all things to all situations. However, if the idea of a Tauren or Night Elf is not to your satisfaction that ruins it completely. Resto Druids are always in demand for end content.

Levelling a priest is average to L40 (no, honestly) and L40 -L60 as cell says you really need to go Shadow to level at a decent rate. However, if you haven't healed before it would be nice to practice instances on the way up so you get the hang of it. It sounds like you'll have no problems getting into a guild and staying there, so guild instances should be feasible. 

As cell also says, it sounds like a shaman is your best bet. To me, enhancement is very much a fun levelling spec in the kill or be killed fashion. You'll also get a good feel for being a totem mule from any instances that you do. Managing totems in vanilla is a complete but necessary pain. Resto Shaman are very much in demand end-raiding so you'll get slots easy enough. You also tick the troll box you specified.

I would gently suggest the following:

1. Check the class forums here and on other servers for discussions on talents, viability, end game content of any new class you are thinking of playing.

2. Play the class you are thinking of going with, but on another privater server first, you may end up hating it. No point in finding the same thing out in Crestfall.

3. Consider the PvE server if STV PvP wasn't to your taste.

Good luck

I have to agree with @Outstanding on the Druid leveling, it is a lot of fun. I am leveling one for the first time ever on a private realm right now and enjoying it so much. It feels like there is almost no downtime. Kill as bear until HP are too low, shift out, heal up, go back to bear and continue. Rarely do I have to sit and drink. I can do elite Qs on my own. I can tank, dps or heal in dungeons. Level 54 now and it has been a very enjoyable trip so far. 

6 hours ago, WITCHCRAFT said:

<space>

Frost mage is good option, after you get to 60 you are good in pve and pvp.Best solution imo.

From best to worst

1 - Mage, Hunter, Warlock

2 - Druid, Shaman, Priest

3 - Rogue

ihavenomouthbutimustscream -  Warrior

All classes that do damage with weapons like warriors, shamans, paladins, rogues, hunters are more or less dependent on their weapons. So if you have the ability to buy from AH or do more dungeons for gear leveling becomes much easier. Regarding priest - its really easy leveling after 20s, just like previous example make sure you have good wand. Its pw:shield, sw:p, wanding/mind flay and this way you can handle 3 mobs your level without dying. If available - you can use fear. No mana issues this way, so almost no down time.

Agree with some of the posts above, shaman seems like a good choice. Enhancement is fun and engaging imo. Resto is a great choice for raiding and it's a class that will improve with each coming expansion so the time invested will be worth it. I also enjoy the spells and mechanics of a resto shaman more than any other healing class but that's a subjective matter. 

48 minutes ago, Chickengrease said:

I also enjoy the spells and mechanics of a resto shaman more than any other healing class but that's a subjective matter. 

That would be two of us so I'll count that as objective :D

29 minutes ago, Outstanding said:

That would be two of us so I'll count that as objective :D

Then that's settled! B|

Solo leveling to 60

T1. Druid/Hunter/Warlock

T1.5. Mage

T2.Shaman

T2.5. Rogue/Warrior

T3. Paladin/Priest

Something something along those lines

Since you want to heal and you want to level decent and problaby fast, your best choice is either going Druid or Shaman, both can heal and both level up decent and fast.

Now its up to you buddy !

For me

1. Warlock (Demonolog) 

2. Shaman,Druid,Hunter

3. Priest 

4. Warrior

I have not played a mage and rogue

to each his own , someone like that, and play need who you closer

sorry for a mistakes

Anything that has heal if you buy enough water. Tankier guys. Also I had fun taking on 3-4 mobs on lower levels as affliction warlock. Sprinkle with corruption and Curse of Agony, let the minion tank 1 or 2, fear another and deal with the last one face life drain to face.

Edited by Xaverius

Thanks for all the informative replies y'all. I'm thinking that a hybrid class might be my cup of tea. Shaman seems like a lot of fun, but the last time I played WoW I did 1-60 as horde. I think I'll go alliance for some fresh PvE content.

Paladin or Druid? Hnnnngggg I guess it's a good thing the server isn't live yet. I'll have plenty of time to agonize over the decision.

So, I guess the question is do you want to heal in raids, or heal in raids? Also, do you want to be a night elf or not?

God tier - Hunter, Warlock

Medium tier - Rogue, Paladin, Shaman, Mage, Priest, Druid

Horror tier - Warrior

Based on my experiences.

21 hours ago, Chiasmus said:

So, I guess the question is do you want to heal in raids, or heal in raids? Also, do you want to be a night elf or not?

Shadowmeld is really tempting for world PVP. I just might go night elf, even if I don't go druid.

Shadowmeld is handy, and I loved it in Wrath when it dropped combat. Really nice when the shams couldn't reincarnate but there I was, invisible in the back corner of the room saving my guild from another GY run. 

So what's resto Druid like at 60 like for soloing stuff? Like grinding reps would you have to change specs or can still roll with your healing gear and resto spec?

5 hours ago, Planks said:

So what's resto Druid like at 60 like for soloing stuff? Like grinding reps would you have to change specs or can still roll with your healing gear and resto spec?

Its horrible, you use feral gear as a resto or switch to feral spec to use feral gear.
You basically don't farm stuff unless you're in a group, you're main renevue is going to come from doing dungeon runs and raids basically, also Professions.

I was a NE Druid in Nost PvE, i had enough gold tho, from Dungeons + raids and doing arcanite bars for other people with my Alchemy hehe

Edited by ClawzTheMeow

On 4.11.2016 at 2:42 AM, Gurgel said:

God tier - Hunter, Warlock

Medium tier - Rogue, Paladin, Shaman, Mage, Priest, Druid

Horror tier - Warrior

Based on my experiences.

I agree for leveling but for grinding Mage is a God+ tier over pet classes (Based on my experiences).

52 minutes ago, duzyizly said:

I agree for leveling but for grinding Mage is a God+ tier over pet classes (Based on my experiences).

You are quite right my friend!