Welcome to Crestfall Gaming

Register now to Crestfall Gaming. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITCHCRAFT

Solo levelling/grinding by class tiers?

37 posts in this topic

I'd put feral Druid on god tier. While it doesn't have the ability to AoE grind like a Mage, or the ability to autoattack/wand with a pet like a Lock/Hunter, I don't think another class comes close to pure survivability and lack of down time. The inbuilt move speed increase by level 21, travel form at 30, being able to fully regen mana while in cat/bear form and killing mobs, the ability to range pull with a DoT or debuff and reset camps/groups while peeling, swimming form,being able to herb/skin in a faster mover speed form without needing to dismount/mount, free teleports to Moonglade and being able to tank/dps/heal while in leveling dungeons.

No other class comes close to an all round, engaging, leveling experience.

This message was brought to you by the #Druids master class campaign. No bias was involved.

19 minutes ago, Elicas said:

I'd put feral Druid on god tier. While it doesn't have the ability to AoE grind like a Mage, or the ability to autoattack/wand with a pet like a Lock/Hunter, I don't think another class comes close to pure survivability and lack of down time. The inbuilt move speed increase by level 21, travel form at 30, being able to fully regen mana while in cat/bear form and killing mobs, the ability to range pull with a DoT or debuff and reset camps/groups while peeling, swimming form,being able to herb/skin in a faster mover speed form without needing to dismount/mount, free teleports to Moonglade and being able to tank/dps/heal while in leveling dungeons.

No other class comes close to an all round, engaging, leveling experience.

This message was brought to you by the #Druids master class campaign. No bias was involved.

I'd rank druids up there with locks too, especially if you can shred while in combat by strafing. Hunters however are on a level of their own if you can kite. Case in point: I could solo the elite dragons in Badlands for "Tremors of the Earth" while 8 or 9 levels lower than them.

I would actually put paladins high up on the tier list.   As far as healers go, they have the easiest time grinding while in a healing spec.   Consencration provides mildly okay aoe dmg, but the real shining gem is when you judge crusader with it.   Always using rank 1 consencrate, by simply having might and SoC up, I could have my rank 1 consencrate deal over 700 in the first 8 seconds, and switching to SoR with a fast MH ((Hand of Edward the Odd is god tier for holy paladins for solo farming))  allows you to deal massive bonus damag eon each hit. 

Paladins aside from having the durability and cheap spells to be able to always self heal all the time with Spam of Light, can easily simply pop Divine Favor and holy light to self heal to full whenever killing.   You also never have to stop attacking by simply switching and JoW with SoW to regen your mana very rapidly.   You will rarely di efrom mobs, and Holy ((And even better Prot)) are capable of solo'ing mobs that would normally require major CD's from any other class to solo, or a large gear gap.   I know a paladin in blues can solo the Elite Templars in Silithus for rep farming, green farming.  These guys hit pretty hard and will rip most hunter pets apart fast.   Paladins also are good at grinding rep at level 60.  Also, being in Plate Armor and being able to self heal allows them much damage mitigation that a priest simply doesn't have at higher levels.

Simply put, pre 20, paladins are a bit rough.   Level 20 when you get consencrate, it becomes 2x easier as your damage spikes massively with smart use of your spells.    While, I would still say a Frost Mage, or a Warlock will do the job better, they aren't going to be in demand to join any dungeon. 

Bonus perk:  Paladins are able to with 1 spec, be a fully dedicated Raid healer, and a fully functional Dungeon Tank with great threat generation ((Even in non undead dungeons.)).   Most other healers simply struggle even with alternate gear if they don't respec.  Paladins are the only healers who can solo content ((I've seen a level 42 paladin solo Mograine and Whitemane in SM.)) that would be difficult even for the god tier characters ((Anyone wanna kill Devilsuars before you are 60?))

On 3.12.2016 at 10:24 PM, spazyspaz said:

I would actually put paladins high up on the tier list.   As far as healers go, they have the easiest time grinding while in a healing spec.   Consencration provides mildly okay aoe dmg, but the real shining gem is when you judge crusader with it.   Always using rank 1 consencrate, by simply having might and SoC up, I could have my rank 1 consencrate deal over 700 in the first 8 seconds, and switching to SoR with a fast MH ((Hand of Edward the Odd is god tier for holy paladins for solo farming))  allows you to deal massive bonus damag eon each hit. 

I agree that paladins are very carefree to level. If you do it right it's almost impossible to die. And with the right spec you could heal and tank dungeons as well. 

But using Consecration on a server where it does not scale with AP is a huge waste of mana and even with SotC judged the damage of Consecration on single targets is just mediocre. I guess using rank 1 Consecration is okay assuming that it scales with AP. This is a bug though and should not be present here. Kronos has it working properly. I tried to include it in my rotation (lol) but it is just not worth it.

1 hour ago, fruitsalad said:

I agree that paladins are very carefree to level. If you do it right it's almost impossible to die. And with the right spec you could heal and tank dungeons as well. 

But using Consecration on a server where it does not scale with AP is a huge waste of mana and even with SotC judged the damage of Consecration on single targets is just mediocre. I guess using rank 1 Consecration is okay assuming that it scales with AP. This is a bug though and should not be present here. Kronos has it working properly. I tried to include it in my rotation (lol) but it is just not worth it.

Aside from the first pull of a dungeon, who uses a consecrate above rank 1 anyways?   Besides.   Part of the question is will Retribution Aura work properly with JotC.   If so, this will offset  the lack of AP scaling. 

6 hours ago, spazyspaz said:

Aside from the first pull of a dungeon, who uses a consecrate above rank 1 anyways?   Besides.   Part of the question is will Retribution Aura work properly with JotC.   If so, this will offset  the lack of AP scaling. 

Retribution Aura does not benefit from spelldamage and Judgement of the Crusader.

See http://wow.allakhazam.com/forum.html?forum=243&mid=116177382173303061

Edited by fruitsalad

On 10/31/2016 at 6:33 AM, Srpak said:

Warrior is hardest class for leveling

Played warr on K2 let me elaborate on this. 

Warrior levelling PvE wise isn't terrible, but the PvP exacerbates it greatly. You WILL be ganked by everyone lol. Secondly they're just very gear dependent. A mage can run around in terrible gear and still do well but I remember trying to kill same level mobs in Un'goro crater was impossible with the 2h axe from alliance scarlet monastery quests (despite it being BiS for many levels previously) and I got to a point where I literally couldn't level without an upgrade so had to farm princess (and boy did that upgrade feel good). Warrs tend to have long downtimes eating as they have no heals and their damage is meh.

Gear dependence is a double edged sword though (pardon the pun lol). Yeah it can suck if you have bad gear but it makes getting upgrades even more exciting because you will notice the difference instantly.

On 10/31/2016 at 8:28 AM, Ester said:

From best to worst

1 - Mage, Hunter, Warlock

2 - Druid, Shaman, Priest

3 - Rogue

ihavenomouthbutimustscream -  Warrior

warrior levelling is not actually that hard; its as simple as this:

do quest after quest after quest; you can skip every goblin/non-rep quest that isn't for a dungeon, and some that are(such as the ST one) too

at really low levels, don't pull more than 2 mobs, and in some cases don't even pull two; later on you can easily pull 2 mobs, and at later levels, you can even pull 3 without a potion

spec 2h fury, not arms; enrage+flurry is really that good(especially for single-target), and blood craze helps more than you might think

if you can wear mail, then do it, even if the leather has better stats

wear the gnomergan quest pants, the RFK quest belt, and, if a BS, green iron hauberk; all of those can substitute for plate into your mid-40s

if you can wear plate(or bonus armor mail) at level 40, do it... but try to make sure the item level is at least 43 with a few exceptions

ALWAYS have a 1-hander and a shield on you after level 5-6 and have a shield macro on somewhere on a hotbar too

you don't have to do the brutal armor quest

start using slam at level 30, and learn how to do it right; when used properly, you can kill a level 43 STV naga myrmidon at level 37 without blowing cooldowns or a potion, even if you don't get improved slam

you can stop using slam at level 40, but don't forget how to do it

start the grind for a blackstone ring BEFORE level 60... preferably at level 48; you're likely gonna spend alotta time doing maraudon for that ring, so why not get xp while you're at it?

do every dungeon at least once and as many dungeon quests as you can do without going really out of your way for it, and make sure that by doing so you get the following weapons:

if horde, crescent staff(yes, a staff) or living root(if noone else wants it)... if alliance, smite's mighty hammer or staff of westfall if you don't feel like doing DM more than once

strike of the hydra or some other similar-level blue, and do BFD before level 24

either the pacifier(unless ww weapon is over 5g cheaper) or whirlwind axe(mace if alliance), UNLESS you get a corpsemaker AND are alliance, in which case you get bonebiter axe

kang(if its cheap or you loot it) or the rockpounder or stoneslayer or executioner's cleaver or ragehammer, or bludgeon of the grinning dog or the chief's enforcer, or princess theredas' scepter if you go that long without any of the former, or soulkeeper over the scepter if you loot it and don't think the gold is worth it

by following the above and not wasting too much money at the AH, you should be able to buy all of your skills at the level you can get them at(which you should), even if you level a non-gathering primary profession in the process; as for the mount training, you're gonna wanna grind

don't think of it as level by level, but think of it as zone by zone and dungeon by dungeon

- a guy who leveled a warrior 1-50ish and 2 others from 1-60

Edited by Aquane

For me its Hunter and Druid. Warlock is fine as well but they need to many buttons for me :D

Hardest for me is Warrior and Paladin, as their killspeed is heavily influenced by their current weapon.

The 4 best Classes in my Opinion are Paladin, Druid, Hunter and Mage.

The Mage is a god when it Comes to frostgrinding and very cost efficient due ot being able to make his own water.

The Druid is great at fighting big targethers, higher lvl Mobs and the like. As a feral, especially as heart of the wild, he is also very versatile and mana conservant.

Hunters are easy and very laid back to Level up. They are mana conservant but not as versatile as a druid.

Paladins are great du to their high armor, survival capabilities and healing of course. But they Need a lot of mana, which sometimes becomes an issue.

The next "Tier " I guess would be Warlocks, Priests and Shamans

Warlocks can theoritically survive forever and control up to 3 Mobs of all Kind but takes a lot of Skill, plus Mana ( though less of an issue for them) can become a Problem)

Shamans and Priests still can heal and are versatile but they both Need a lot of mana and sometimes take a lot of damage.

The two most difficult classes are Warrior and Rogue.

Rogue takes a lot of damage and has like no survivability.

The same goes for warriors ( though they take less damage) but I have to admit, when you hit lvl 40 and get blood fury, things et a lot smoother :)